Wednesday, February 23, 2011

March is coming

Who needs hills when you have 50 pounds of clothes on and you are running against a 20MPH wind on an icy street.  Despite the fact that winter can be a bit brutal up here in the northland a good workout is one of the few benefits. It has been around three weeks since groundhog's day.  Not sure if everyone remembers, but good ol' Punxsatawney Phil told us there was only two weeks of winter left.  Well Phil, don't fret I won't be wearing that groundhog's skin jacket this year.  Instead I am going to let you live with your lie, riddled with guilt I am sure of it.  There is light at the end of the tunnel though, March is only a few days away and things should turn around for us in the weather department. I know it sounds like I am complaining, it should, because that is what I am doing. Ok really, training is going well and I can complain until I am blue in the face but it won't do any good.  So I will continue on like a good North Dakotan and just enjoy the good weather and quit whining about the bad weather.

I would like to end with a couple cancer facts:
this year there will be approximately 569,490 cancer deaths
on a website for the ACS there are over 50 cancers listed (that is not counting all the obscure rare cancers that get grouped into one category)

Google 'Cancer Facts' on the web and you will realize why we need to get this handled.

No comments:

Post a Comment