Sunday, February 6, 2011

Just two more weeks of winter

As much as I hate running on the treadmill, it is nice to have the option when it is cold outside. This week it is looking like there will be more 20 below wind chills for at least Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  Running outside when it is below zero is not too bad as long as the wind isn't too strong, but out here in the country where there is no shelter it is just impossible to get away from it.  The treadmill at home broke down last week and it may be unrepairable.  Oh well, looks like and indoor track or fitness club will be in my near future. On the bright side I was able to get out for a 5 mile run with my new shoe grips on friday, and a 6 mile run on Saturday.  The best part about Saturday was being able to go out with my old training partner Mattie.  It wasn't quite as tough for her as she has four legs and a fur coat, but beleive me she was just as happy to get outside as I was.

Although I am plagued with equipment woes this week, I am looking forward to it.  Runs are starting to get longer and I seem to feel a little better with every mile.  This is going to be a lot of work but it will be great fun. 

22 miles this week and 66 miles total (should be 71 but I missed one 5 mile run)

1 comment:

  1. Tell me about your treadmill. A lot of times they are easily repaired on your own. Also as far as traction, I use #6 or #8, 3/8 long sheet metal screws. 8-10 of them screwed into the bottom of your shoe as you are using the head of the screw as traction. You can email me if you wish at rick.wagar@netcenter.net and I'll do what I can to help.

    ReplyDelete