Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lucky #12

Courts Plus in Fargo, ND is a great fitness facility just 1/2 block from my place of work.  I was able to get my hands on a free one week pass to get me through these sub arctic temperatures this week.  For my 3 mile run on Monday I chose treadmill #12.  Who knew that decision would turn out to be the worst one of the entire day.  I have NEVER had a worse 3 mile run in my life. For whatever reason treadmill #12 seemed like it was running with erratic speeds that I couldn't keep up with.  I felt absolutely horrible for the entire night after the run.  I know it was treadmill #12 and not the buffalo chicken dip, spinach dip, jalapeno poppers, baked potato skin, taco soup and 1/2 a bottle of wine that I consumed at a super bowl party the night before. Tension was high all day Tuesday as I wondered if something was wrong with me or if I just had a really bad day on Monday.  Turns out switching to a different treadmill was the answer.  Tuesday and Wendesday went really well and I will be back outside for the long weekend runs. 

I guess the beginning of this week is a good metaphor for life.  We have good days and bad days, but overall it is definitley worth pressing on.  I just hope something isn't wrong with county road 16 this weekend, I would hate to have two bad runs in one week.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky 13 is clearly the answer! Nice job, however you got it done. :)

    ReplyDelete