Sunday, January 30, 2011

Why I Train

Although we stay positive and try to enjoy every day, there are bad days. Today is one of those bad days, and I feel that I should share some personal experience to help keep everyone motivated to continue circulating awarness.  It is just not right that my wife, myself, and so many others have had to look at a child, that is already scared because she can't walk, and say "your cancer is back".  The first comment we heard after giving out that information was a child ,with teared up eyes and a shaky voice, saying "I don't want to die".  After a month of trying to fight and weigh the options, we did indeed have to tell her she was not going to make it.  We have had many sleepless nights before and after her passing, remembering all the terrible things that happened to her.  I will let you know when they end. Just a few weeks ago I was having a dream about Morgan passing away from her cancer. For a breif second when I awoke from that dream I thought, "thank goodness that was just a dream". As I woke up the rest of the way reality set in again and the rest of the night was pretty rest free. Any person touched by cancer can insert similar stories. We all press on and appreciate life for what it is. Bad days happen but life is great fun and our lost loved ones would slap us around if we were caught moping around.

Wednesdays post will be more upbeat, but I just need to make sure everyone keeps the cause close to their hearts.

All 25 miles successfully completed this week.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joe. I just wanted to take a minute to tell you how much your honesty and ability to share the pain that you and your family has experienced means to me. There were so many nights when I was beside myself, so scared that I might die. Darin felt so helpless that there were no words that could comfort me during those blackest of days/nights. I still feel that terrible strain on my heart when I think about the way it felt to not know if I was going to get to see my children grow up. I was terrified, so I can only imagine what a seven year old would have felt. Thank God she had you and Angela as parents. Keep moving Joe - and keep telling it exactly how it is.

    ReplyDelete