Wednesday, January 19, 2011

-20 SERIOUSLY!! Week 1

Black running tights (thats right I said tights), gray insulated sweats, heavy knit socks, running shoes, heat gear under armor, hooded sweathshirt, windbreaker, stocking cap, & face mask.  Finally ready, and as soon as I am done robbing the liquor store I will come inside and run 3 miles on the treadmill.  Hey don't judge, you try running outside when it is 6 below with a 20 below windchill.  Ok seriously, all 14 miles so far this week have been on the treadmill.  On top of having to run on the treadmill this week, Tuesday morning from 1:30am to 5:00am I was on a fire call with my fellow volunteer firemen (you guys rule).  After getting home from the fire call I worked from 7:00am to 5:00pm.  I then came home and ran 5 miles on the treadmill.  Talk about a long day. 

Days like Tuesday really drive home the reason my family and I are trying to create as much Cancer awareness as possible.  Fighting Cancer is a battle that must be fought no matter how tired you are or how crappy you feel, it is just there, but those of us that have experienced it's effects first hand know that it will only wreck your spirit if you let it. 

Thanks for the support and donations so far!!! Keep watching for updates on Wednesdays and Sundays
14 miles down, 543 to go

No comments:

Post a Comment