Sunday, January 23, 2011

Off to a great start

Week one turned out pretty well considering the temperatures.  I was able to get my 8 mile run in on Friday, had to do it on the treadmill as the windchills were dangerously cold.  I made a decision to skip the 5 mile run this weekend and do some cross training instead.  The cross training consisted of a day of snowboarding with friends and family.  Hopefully we can get one more weekend like that in before winter is over and training gets to a point where ALL the miles are very important.

Stay tuned for week two, as I will be out of town for a trade show for most of the week.  Finding time to train may be a challenge, temperatures sound like they will be better though, so I will get a scenic view of Minot, ND.  At times it will be difficult to get the miles in, but where there's a will there's a way. I guess when you break it down it isn't that tough to find 45 minutes of daily free time during the week and 2-4 hours of free time on the weekends, especially when you think about the goals at hand, whatever they may be.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you, Joe!! This is awesome. Can't wait to hear more next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you with every post. Your cause is close to our hearts and always on our minds. Best wishes; we're right there beside you!

    ReplyDelete