Sunday, January 16, 2011

Welcome to my training

I was the fortunate winner of an entry to the Fargo Marathon while attending a silent auction for Pray for Gray (an event to raise money for brain tumor research).  So it just made sense that I would use my training to try and raise awarness and money for the American Cancer Society.  Running was a great way for me to relieve the stress involved in dealing with the loss of my eight year old daughter to brain cancer.

As you will notice by the pictures posted below, training in January in North Dakota is quite literally no day at the beach.  In a few short months the fields on either side of the road will be filled with corn, soybeans, and sugar beets, but for now there is a BUMPER crop of snow.  The cold and snow are tough but it still beats running for 1 or 2 hours on the treadmill.  New levels of boredom are easily achieved on long treadmill runs. 

Hope to hear from you as I continue on this path. Maybe I will even see a few of you running beside me while I am training (hint hint).

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, bro! Stick with it- I know you will do great!

    ReplyDelete