Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Time to Chain Up

Well, week two is going well, getting outside to run is a great feeling.  One downfall is the slippery streets in Davenport.  The best description for my ability to get traction would be similar to a dog walking on a new laminate floor for the first time. I would say the GPS logged 8 miles in Davenport and my legs probably put on at least 10 miles.  I guess I need to revise the answer I gave to Nicole also.  I WILL be looking for extra traction for my shoes, friction will be my friend from here on out.

I am currently in Minot, got a 3 mile run in this evening.  I must say, the sidwalks in this town are cleverly hidden under snowbanks and piles of cleared snow. Between streets, kaldisaks, and parking lots I got it done.  I am sure it looked like the cops were chasing me, and I didn't even rob a liquor store this time.

Thanks to the new followers!!!

1 comment:

  1. HA - hillarious! I can just see it - too funny! Emailed with Angela yesterday - thanked her for the Special Meatloaf recipe we used night before last. Means so much to have that cookbook - I treasure it. Keep on running......

    ReplyDelete