Sunday, April 3, 2011

Who planned this route?

This week was a bit different for training.  My brother got married on Saturday so we were out of town from Friday morning until Sunday afternoon.  Congrats to my brother, it is nice to welcome a new sister-in-law to the family.  She is very nice and patient, those traits will come in handy for her.  I knew I would miss a few days of training, so I made sure and completed the 18 mile run on Thursday evening.  It started out very nice 34 degrees mild wind, no big deal.   About mile 5 at  6:00pm I ended up in the WRONG area.  It didn't even register until the smell of original recipe chicken entered my sinuses.  A couple blocks later... ahhh a woodfire grill.  Good thing I have electrolyte chews with me.  Maybe I can shove them up my nose so I can't smell all the delicous food that I can't have.  I rethought that plan knowing that I would be on the other side of the torture chamber in just a few minutes.  After consuming electrolyte chews the correct way and rehydrayting I was feeling pretty good and hunger was no longer on my mind.  Until mile 9...fresh baked bread from one of the bread stores downtown.  I am sure I looked like a dog with the drool stalactites hanging from each side of my mouth.   

After breaking clear of all food smells I turned south into a wind that had intesified and was carrying  rain and sleet along with it.  By mile 15 my legs were starting to feel  a bit of pain.  I was starting to cramp up bit but I was able to push through the pain and keep the same pace.  Being able to push through the pain was very reassuring and helped me realize it was the right choice to get this part of the training completed. Sometimes every mile is a struggle, but the struggle is what makes you better. 

Remember to E-mail me if you want to register for the Running for the Ribbos 5k.  I will send you a registration form.  We are hoping to have most registrations back by April 15th.  (kolling0401@yahoo.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment