Sunday, March 27, 2011

Who Needs Date Night?

After a minimul amount of coaxing my wife gracefully agreed to ride bike along side me while I completed my 17 mile run on Saturday.  Slushy streets made it difficult for her to keep up but as the spring progresses it will be easier for her to come with.  Who needs dinner and a movie when you can spend quality time in the great outdoors, it's alot cheaper too.  The 17 mile run this weekend went ten times better than the 15 mile run two weeks ago.  I am guessing it was the weather.....  oops, I mean the company, that made it go better.  Convincing our son to ride along with, well that is another issue.  His comment when I complain about blisters is, "that's what you get for being crazy".  I know he means crazy in the most supportive sense of the word.  Needless to say he won't be joining in on the long runs, but short runs aren't out of the question. 

I would like to take this time to thank everyone for the great support.  Already, we are at 26% of our goal for our Relay for Life team and we have until June to reach our goal.  The support is great and should remind us all that people do still have good intentions.  Please take time for a moment of silence for our friends and loved ones that have been lost to this terrible disease. 

46 parents will be told that their child has cancer today. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment