Sunday, April 17, 2011

Snow, Cold, Flood, Snow, Rain, Flood.........

Saturday morning, first 20 mile run completed, one more to go in two weeks and then the dowhill slide into the marathon.  Nerves haven't set in yet but I am sure that will come as race day gets closer. Truthfully the weather still continues to be the biggest struggle with this.  Mother nature is mildly unamused about something and she is taking it out on most of the country. Fargo is no exception to that rule. I would like to get at least one long run in under good weather conditions.  I know the less than desirable weather is a big help, it really does make for better training, but enough is enough already. 

To answer a question possibly haunting one of my neighbors.  Yes, that was me that yelled your name from accross the street in downtown Fargo yesterday.  He did turn around and wave, but he either had no clue who I was right away, or was embarrassed to acknowledge he knew me, as it was a very confused and half hearted wave.  I would vote on the latter of the two.  I wouldn't blame him, I am sure I looked ridiculous lumbering along in a hooded sweatshirt, stocking cap, running tights with shorts over them and two different colored gloves on because I was in a hurry when I left the house.  Oh well, if someone got a chuckle because I don't worry about how I look that is perfect, I would probably make fun too. 

Please take time to read and support 'One Survivor's Mission'.  She has been through hell and is a great example a person that knows how to keep pressing on. (follow the link on the left)

No comments:

Post a Comment