Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Long Runs Have Begun

It's been a pretty good week of training, 4 miles Monday, 7 miles Tuesday, 4 miles Wednesday, 7 miles Friday and 14 miles Saturday.  Mother nature still refuses to make it easy but treating the inclement weather like a challenge seems to make it a litlle more tolerable.  Good friends with gym memberships and treadmills in their basements tends to ease the frustration too.  Saturday was a good day for a run 5 degrees and a slight 6MPH wind.  I don't know what it was about that wind but every time I turned into it it was like a shock to my system for the first 15 steps or so.  I felt like a little baby experiencing the wind for the first time.  Most of us have seen that look on a baby's face.  That look of wide eyed uncertainty about whether or not it is ok to breathe this awful frigid substance into their system.  I hope no one saw me.  The fourteen miles went well Saturday, the nerves of finishing a marathon with my dignity in tact are starting to subside a little bit.

Please mark May 7, 2011 on the calendar.  The second annual Running for the Ribbons 5K run/walk in Kindred will be on that day.  If you would like to register, e-mail me at kolling0401@yahoo.com and I will send you a form.  Anyone willing to train with me can just let me know, you don't have to run with me for the whole distance.  Just a few miles is a great motivator for all parties invovled.

No comments:

Post a Comment