Sunday, March 13, 2011

Friends Keep You Going

15 miles on Saturday was challenging to say the least.  The timing of a friend's offer to run with me on Saturday couldn't have been better.  Having a partner to run with really helps, espescially when the wind is a sustained 20mph.  The miles are very important here so not training because of bad weather just isn't an option.  Remember I am always looking for offers for people to train with so just let me know.  Your body was made to move, so instead of spending that hour on the couch spend 45 to 120 minutes with me on the pavement (chasing me with a car is not acceptable but bicyles are ok).

As you follow along please keep in mind all the reasons why I am doing this.  Attention is what I seek.  Attention for all the little kids walking around the children's hospital with 10 IV's stuck into them with a pole of chemo drugs and a terrified parent following behind.  Attention for all the families that have to watch, completely helplessly, as their loved ones take their final breaths.  Attention for emotional scars that never heel but help remind us that life is truly a gift.

37 miles this week!

2 comments:

  1. You are really being inspirational for everyone. I can't do this. I do try but and also getting success. But not like you.
    body lift

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you are nice Human Being. This one is really very inspiration for me, Now I get what i can do. And Your such a great person, Now I am really big fan of you.
    nose surgery

    ReplyDelete